MONKEY RISES CLEAR CRYSTAL LALIQUE :
MONKEY RISES CLEAR CRYSTAL LALIQUE, 2016 Chinese year of the monkey, Lalique presents the collection sculptures monkeys, the dumb monkey, the monkey rises, the blind monkey. Every sculpture is signed Lalique France, made in France.
- Age of Elegance with LALIQUE : The bustling and euphoric period of the 1920’s was characterized by an intense and carefree appetite for life filled with elegance, luxury and merriment. This desire for change touched all artists seeking a new style and a break from the past. This led them toward the refined geometric lines of the Art Deco style.
- René LALIQUE became the uncontested master of this period which received its affirmation at the Decorative Arts Exhibition in Paris in 1925. René Lalique, designer of one-of-a-kind Art Nouveau Jewellery, cultivated the image of Beauty, the Kiss and its invitation to Love. Jewels cut in the purity of crystal, a medium for tenderness.
- The founder of modern jewellery, René LALIQUE, was considered the leader of the Art Nouveau movement. Although he drew a great deal of his inspiration from the plant world, he also dared to display the female body in all its beauty and sensuality.
- The animal world was one of René LALIQUE’s major sources of inspiration. He depicted a wide variety of animal species, all with a degree of naturalism that demonstrated the designer’s genius. Every year new animals are added to the LALIQUE collection.
- In crystal, the lost wax technique is directly inspired from a thousand year-old procedure used to melt bronze sculptures. Lalique’s originality stems from using it first in jewelry, replacing stones by small glass motifs. He later used this technique to create larger pieces.The lost wax fabrication process for large pieces is fairly complex: after having modelled a piece in wax it is covered with plaster, it is then sent to the oven so as to bake the clay while the wax melts. Finally, molten crystal is poured in the emptied shape.