SCARABEE BLUE FLEURS DE PSYDELIC BRACELET BACCARAT :
SCARABEE BLUE FLEURS DE PSYDELIC BRACELET BACCARAT, This mesmerizing drop of crystal, a signature of our collection, sparkles with unique, intense color. The line comprises long and short necklaces, earrings and rings which are paired with gleaming silver settings. Discover Fleurs de Psydelic collection Baccarat.
Size Small or Large.
The art of Baccarat crystal in 7 words :
- Colour : From the 19th century onwards, the Baccarat range was expressed in multitude of colours, produced by adding metal oxides to clear crystal : blue with cobalt oxide, violet with manganese oxide, green blue with copper oxide, yellow with uranium oxide, black with manganese and oxides of copper and chromium.
- Gilding : Used since 1833 by Baccarat, gilding, a paste made of 24-carat gold, is applied with a brush. The piece is then annealed at a temperature of 460°C to set, and the gilding is itself polished with an agate stone to give a shiny gold aspect-this is the « burnishing ».
- Enameling : Discovered in antiquity, enamelling is a technique that has been used by Baccarat since 1840, notably in the decoration of armorial glasses. A tinted metal oxide paste is applied with a brush before being fired at a temperature of at least 600°C.
- Engraving : A decorative technique applied to cold glass consisting in removing material in different ways : using an acid bath where the decoration drawn in negative is eroded by the action of the chemicals ; at the wheel, as was already practised in ancient times, by removing the material with the aid of small « burrs » ; sandblasting, that is to say the pressurised projection of sand on the object in order to buff off the desired areas
- Melting : At a temperature of about 1400°C, silica (very fine and very puresand), sodium and lead oxide bake in a Baccarat oven for at least one day.
- Blowing : Dipping a blowpipe, a hollow metal bar, into in the furnace, the glass master gathers a bubble of molten crystal called a « parison ». Then, blowing into the pipe, he gives the object its hollow form.
- Cutting : Using a grinding wheel on cold glass, the craftsman applies a decorative pattern : bevelled, flat cut, diamond-shaped, pontil, rich cut and so on.